Saturday, August 18, 2012

Metallic Fringe Wedding


Good morning! More importantly, HAPPY WEEKEND! I am up eaaaaaarly ready to get these two days started but first, lets get back to business and see Brittany's 3rd wedding invite design.
This concept was the very first thing that popped into my head when I started designing. Don't ask me why...it just happens! So, I have these fringe scissors, which are seriously the greatest things ever. You should go out and get a pair even if you have no desire to fringe anything. Trust me, you won't be able to stop. 
As you can see, I have two layers of paper (4 if you count the backing and wording) and I chose a gold glitter and a coral/salmon color. Remember I told you about her color scheme? Lots of bright colors, metallics, etc. I used my fringe scissors to fringe up the sides of the paper and then I just layered them on top of one another. Looks sooooooo cool in real life. And who can forget the "probably not drawn to scale, is that even the LA skyline?!" sketch at the bottom :) All in all, there are quite a few steps to this design but it's relatively easy to assemble, and looks pretty amazing in the end! What do you think??
**I'm also going to let you in on a little hint. I had originally planned to do this with tissue paper because I think fringed tissue paper looks awesome BUT one bump to the paper and it's totally bent :( Tissue paper is really fragile and while it looks good sittin' pretty on a desk, it would never hold up in the mail. I haven't given up on it, I just think sturdy paper is much better for this project, and it still looks good!

No comments:

Post a Comment